View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:12 AM
Aviak

Default Home Page Welcome Section

Hi, the Welcome section on the Home page has great info, but the way it is written bugs me. Yes, I don’t have to look at it and I’ll get over it, but I wanted to get this off my chest.

The Intro as it reads now:

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free to play Emulated Everquest Server giving Players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ Once again, currently in the Velious expansion and a max level of 60, with the look and feel of the old interface and several modifications making game mechanics similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.

Suggested:

Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG gaming experience as it was in 1999 and onward. Project 1999 is a free-to-play emulated Everquest server giving players the opportunity to experience Classic EQ once again. Project 1999 is the original EQ world and the first two expansions. With a max level of 60, and with the look and feel of the old interface with several modifications, gaming mechanics are similar to how the game used to be. Project 1999 is the best and most popular classic Everquest experience.

Conclusion: Three things stand out to me in the current intro. Plain old-fashioned grammar.

First, several words are capitalized that needn’t be.

Second, “currently in the Velious expansion . . ..” The word “currently” as used in this context indicates the possibility and/or probability of something more to come. If that is the case then it is fine as is.

Lastly is the run-on sentence after the first sentence. Four or five different points in one sentence separated by commas is awkward.
Thanks