View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 07:56 AM
Kobold

I voted asap.

I started on blue, 6 years before launch of green. Played for a while, real life took over, left for a while, came back when time permitted, etc. Pretty casual most times, with periods of harder core playtime mixed in.

Green rolled out, I jumped in. Fresh builds, less tunnelquest. That is the EQ I enjoy. Rolled lots of alts on green, got most into teens, some into 20s by the time velious came out. But once velious was out, why stay on green with higher prices and lower level toons, when I had higher leveled toons on blue and can gear them up much easier? Neither server at this point was playable for the self made character, outside of guilds like Auld Lang Syne, which I had a couple toons in. So, back to blue. Green characters collecting dust.

If a new green came out, I would roll one or two characters to focus on and try not to fall behind the timeline. That may be hard to do as a casual, but I do want to try again.

Blue and (old)green will still be there for me. The abandoned characters I have now on green may even get a fresh look and some playtime if they got merged with my mains on blue.

Edit-----

And yes, I read the disclaimer that the servers would eventually merge. So when I started rolling green toons along side my blue, I made a spreadsheet to track all my characters on all my accounts. Made sure the sum of blue + green characters did not go over 8 on any single login. Once I hit that point, I created a new login. They did not hide that bit of information, they were very open about it from the start.
Balamorm<ALS> - Barbarian Rogue
Deetith - Iksar Monk
Last edited by Garnaak; 01-28-2023 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: add comment about # of characters