Thread: 41 SK Aggro
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disease Cloud was always way too effective for getting aggro, but I think instead of reverting it they need to adjust taunt. I think taunt is supposed to be more effective than it currently is.
Whether or not Disease Cloud was "too" effective on P99, a lot of old comments were found indicating it should be an effective aggro generator for our full era and was nerfed shortly after Luclin launched. Its nerfing to be almost wholly worthless on P99 appears to be potentially an incorrect era change. I'd like to see what they based the change on. A thread from EQ-EMU linked in the news section detailing the specific changes suggested they might not have been sure when the disease spell aggro nerf happened. Maybe it was a guess? Maybe they have information we don't? The admins haven't said a peep about it. I'm not sure they're even aware of how drastically it changed because they don't actively play on P99. Unfortunately I don't have a good personal memory to go off. I played paladins back in original EQ.

The patch altered other classes as well. My wife's shaman generates practically no aggro now with her spells and holding aggro off it is completely trivial--easier than it was pre-patch, even having lost Disease Cloud. Straight melee classes seem to generate the highest threat now. It doesn't line up with my own memory of original EQ, but it is what it is. Maybe it's some sort of incomplete implementation, or maybe it's the future of P1999. I don't know. In the meantime, at high elvels you can do the best you can with Clinging Darkness and the various AC/ATK debuff spells. Ask your rogues and monks to use feign/evade as much as able. At low/mid levels the mana costs are too high to keep up and the class is kind of broken. Sucks but that's what the situation is for now.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 01-28-2023 at 12:55 PM..