View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 03:15 AM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ngl, sounds like planning was the main downfall

whats the point of making a rule if you have no way to enforce it?
wouldnt a multi server test of tactics still have red push through even if only one team?
and i feel like thinking ahead could have cured everything, even brackets you could have opened then closed a week before hand to give time to see who is coming.
then theres blues date during superbowl.

again, i dont think there is anything malicious or anything but, more planning/less rule changing>

curious btw what the thought was behind banning different clickies and spells and fighting stage size though.
We had made the decision that if red only has one team then we would have canceled their event. You can’t be the best of red if you don’t compete against anyone. You can’t win by default.

We had the idea to post the rules early but luckily I didn’t do that. By the time the signups closed we only had one team. Then 3 then 2. These things always make it hard to post things in advance because things always change.

Rules get tweaked sometimes. I stand by the decisions I made during the event otherwise there wouldn’t have been one.

A huge amount of effort went into these events and a ton of planning. Sometimes things happens that you can’t plan for and you have to adjust.

I’m done talking about this though because I have to prep for blues event and then greens. I am happy that red will be represented in the finals. I was really bummed when only one team signed up.

To answer your last question. Those rules were taken directly from the live event. I’m not sure why.