View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 01:02 PM
Banned

I use physical books. I am usually happy with them. I try to avoid Amazon as much as I reasonably can.

Physical books can be dirty. I get them second-hand, usually through Thriftbooks since I try to avoid Amazon however I reasonably can. Sometimes they are nasty. I've found dead bugs in books and my wife claims she once got pinkeye from a library book.

I have used a regular Kindle. Back when I flew a lot for work I read the hell out of a lot of books on it. I also had the ads version.

My brother self-published through Amazon's service, and he made some decent money doing it, but he has complaints as well. So did this guy I used to work with, but he's only ever lost money doing it.

The fact that you can get a lot of older books for free for e-readers is nice, though. I remember being impressed with the fact that the simpler Kindles only needed to be charged once every three days or something, even if you read for hours each day. Until the battery aged, I still have that one and the battery doesn't hold much of a charge anymore.