View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How early? Most folks who melee will want a magic weapon by the teens for fighting things like wisps or ghouls.

For the Qeynos and associated region, prior to level 10:

Barbarian shaman can do initiate symbol of the tribunal, for summoned hammer of wrath.
Cleric gets hammer of wrath as a spell at level 9.
Jaggedpine Crook is Ranger/Druid usable and questable out of Surefall by level 6-7.
Shining Star of Light for Paladin/Cleric is potentially doable around level 10ish if the player is familiar with the quest and doesn't mind a lot of running around.
Monks can kill the frogloks in qeynos catacombs until mesh gloves drop.
Magicians can summon daggers (1H piercing) right away at level 1 as soon as they can afford the spell.
Clerics and Paladins can probably obtain the Thunder Staff by level 10 or so, and later in the teens the Bonethunder Staff.

By the early/mid teens most anyone should be able to afford Combine weapons. They're sold at the various Gypsy camps throughout the world and have ratios equivalent to fine steel weapons but count as magic. I'm most familiar with the quests/etc out of the Qeynos area (most my characters tend to start from there) but Combine weapons are available to all, so those are an option if nothing else seems available.

Danth
Nice info, I totally forgot about the combine weapons. Guess if I make a warrior that’ll be the way to go. Also the PGT is a doable drop.
Cheers!