View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Default Hole is fine

The Hole is one of the most underrated zones in Everquest history. I applaud the P99 team for making it an attractive zone to level in. The ZEM change was needed in order to attract people to such a place. Alternatives to the Hole for leveling are surprisingly slim for a group of 46+ adventurers.

My other favorite zone besides the Hole is Velketor's. Sadly, monsters have more HP and because there are less people there, you have a lower chance at getting help should your group wipe. That's always been a reality with EQ is asking yourself and your group members, is the reward worth the risk? Does a 1 to 2 hour CR sound like something people are willing to chance when they're limited on time? For the unemployed player base here, I'm sure there is no complaint. For the working players, it takes long enough to get everyone together to even enter a dungeon, they just want to jump in and play ASAP. Thus, the Hole offers the best convenience for the casual players.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!