View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 07:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only thing I've noticed on p99 is that music just randomly stops and starts over prematurely. Like running through west karana along the shoreline, that song (I think its also the toxx music) gets about 50 seconds through and just abruptly starts over. The music is the best part of making that horribly long run!
The spotty music along the West Karana shoreline was the precise thing is that made me decide to start the overhaul.

The titanium client currently only supports spherical emitters of a given radius. So I came up with some fancy math in order to have music play constantly from from one end of the zone to the other, limited only to the shoreline, by basically making a massive sphere far outside of the zone itself, so that the sphere's edge blanketed the shoreline in exactly the right places.

This is demonstrated at the beginning of the video, followed by a stroll down the shoreline to show that the music successfully plays in all the right places - and nowhere else.

https://youtu.be/nHTw0BIBGvk

Enjoy