View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly wish people weren't as sensitive now things aren't like they were in the 80s/ early 90s or before.

It was a bigger deal when there was a lot more people that honestly hated gays / thought they were lesser humans.

Trans slurs are different because they still get quite a bit of mainstream hate from what I can tell. I still see a lot of narratives about how trans is just some kind of liberal propaganda or something.

The trans suicide rate is still through the roof last I checked, so I can see why Twitter is being militant about misgendering -- for example.

But some gay guys need to get over themselves a bit IMO. If you're some well-off gay boy in the city -- you're not all that oppressed. Some southern baptist honestly hating you for being gay probably has a lot worse life than you do.

I wish my biggest problem was someone hated me because of who I am that way. Fuck em, who cares?

It's when a shitload of potential employers don't want to hire you that it's a problem...because we have decided something that arbitrary should control your life...what some random guy/girl that owns a company thinks of you on a personal level.
Life isn’t about how privileged or oppressed you are

Your posts make me sad dude. You really needed a dad