Thread: quakes
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 06:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On TZ things were pretty segregated into your teams, most people struggled to keep up with max level. One guy in PDM kamzan got full cobalt etc. On Live things moved really fast expansion wise I think you're romanticizing.

I mean I just looked it up Kunark dropped, then 8 months later Velious dropped. Classic to kunark was 1 year. Then I think Luclin came a year after Velious and game was fucked by then with AA's etc.

So the glory days are really like 32 months long and a lot of that was spent grinding/learning.

PVP did happen but it wasn't anything like Red, like anything. Most people were struggling to max a char out and maybe get some raid gear. Velious the gap really took off and ruined PVP too PDM were unkillable no one outside of their guild had TOV loot.

That might not be totally true brommix might whoop my ass that's a perspective from the dark team, once PDM formed dark team was so fucked.
That 8 months of kunark felt such a long time back in the day - almost felt longer than the 8 years of kunark on p99 red/blue!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung