View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarthearmada [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alpha testing seems to have went very well on Windows 7 64-bit, so I don't think that point is true. However I really have no idea what the server code looks like. I'd be surprised to hear the P99 team really has no interest in the EQC code, if the EQC code does actually work. I always thought the P99 team didn't have the time or energy to go through all of the work that the EQC team did.

I guess any sort of cooperation moving forward is out of the question? If that's the case, the dream of a classic EverQuest server is now completely dead.
They have stated that they do not want cooperation with P99. No one needs EQClassic's code to do a classic EQ server though; It can be reversed engineered using the same methods that EQClassic has made their server with. They have created a logical fallacy that their server is the only server capable of creating a classic EQ server using the Trilogy client, and that is where the issue really separates them.