View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Showing your pet can tank 1 slowed cliff golem does not mean it can tank 1 slowed cliff golem + a hasted pet or two.

Once again, you don't need to slow everything because you have 2 charmed pets (and a mage pet) putting out insane DPS.

Back up heals are cool, I'll give you that. Mage rods are also super useful when mana gets tight.
Slow helps reduces how often you need to heal your Charmed pets, and it reduces the chance of your party dying when shit hits the fan. With a Torpor Shaman you can slow more often because you can just recover that mana really fast. You slow less without a Shaman because you want to conserve mana. Shamans also have an AoE slow for when shit hits the fan.

Mod rods are indeed great, but if you don't need to cast spells at all due to having a Shaman, that will save you more mana, especially since Mod Rods reduce the Mage's mana, which has to be recovered too.

Shaman pet + Shaman DoTs deal good damage too, so it isn't like a Mage is putting out way more DPS. They are still mostly a single target DPS toon, like Shamans.

Again, Shaman pet is pretty tanky. 2400 HP (with FoS) and Torpor is no slouch when it comes to off-tanking.

But as I said before, level range matters. I agree Mage is better before 60.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-18-2022 at 05:14 PM..