View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep hearing "make friends", and it makes me think you have misaligned expectations. I see guilds as more like an after work sports team: yes you have to be able to tolerate the people on your team, but aside from that you don't have to be friends or even see them off the field. As long as you can tolerate them, you can still get the exercise and enjoyment of getting to play soccer one night a week.

And who knows, maybe a few specific people on that team will actually be someone you click with? But if so that's just a bonus.

Perhaps if you had more of that kind of mindset you might be able to enjoy guilds/raiding better?
Perhaps your right. Im definitely the personality type that’s either all in or all out. So it’s very possible I am putting the expectation on myself to be the ultimate “guildy” and requiring myself to be fully engaged and active with the majority of members And thus making the idea of joining a guild feel harder and more challenging than it should have to be.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch