View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Orc

The off key/pitch sour notes that begin to play after the first initial loop of what ever midi track is playing unfortunately has no current fix. I spent many days trying to figure out or narrow down this problem, I believe it has to do with ether the way the older clients handled midi command messages in the .xmi file vs the titanium client or because most of the midi tracks never stop once they reach the end, they just loop infinitely until you move away from the area that triggers the track to start. Once you come back and the track plays/loops again the notes on certain instrument tracks get misinterpreted. Zoning wont fix it, the only fix i found is restarting the client. Once the track goes through its first play/loop sounding normal, the problem arises once the track stops and starts playing again.

From posts I've read online a few have said the music never looped and behaved differently in regards to multiple tracks playing/triggering from the same .xmi, such as the 3 different combat tracks that exist but we only hear 1. Short of re-coding the games sound engine or switching to the trilogy client, i'm not sure this problem will be addressed easily.
Last edited by System Shock; 02-18-2020 at 02:33 PM..