Thread: Casual TLP
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really think you want to be in classic on a TLP for a YEAR? I'm pretty god damn casual these days and 3 months already feels like too long. I can't fathom the level of casual you'd have to be to not be bored playing a full year of classic TLP
Hmm, Let's say you were just starting college when EQ came out and you read about it in some magazine (when they still made print magazines). You thought to yourself, this sounds sort of like D&D. Where level 7 was almost unheard of. Nonetheless, D&D was a fun game you played as a kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-leYc4oC83E

This EQ thing also sort of sounds like some PK muds you were getting destroyed on when you had time to play them. (many of them still around btw with less pop. than red sadly)

So you bought the disks back in 1999 or whatever and spent a day or so between classes in that odd tutorial as Soandso. You played, when time allowed, and you were around level 10 when someone somewhere woke the Sleeper and then you got bored or married or some sort of combination of the two and 20 years later you read about how horrible the P99 server population is but you play anyway.

Now you're on P99 and it's taken you about a 3 months or so to get to level 10 again, because as fun as EQ is, you still get bored and are still married but maybe someday you'll hit level 20.

That's the sort of folks who might play a server that doesn't fast forward every two days. I mean more power to those who blast through the game in an hour but I'd rather go fishing with the kids and every once in a while walk through this wonderful museum and play this still very cool game with folks in similar circumstances.

TLDR. EQ at its best is a journey.