Thread: Casual TLP
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel like half the responses here are from decidedly *not* casual people.

If you're playing 5 hours a week *total*, a year in Classic is great. If you have to take periodic breaks where you go weeks/months with no login, likewise, a year in Classic is great!

That's actually why I switched to p99. I played on TLPs and loved it. Then I had a kid and didn't log on for 5 months. Then suddenly my warrior in his full set of crafted with an fbss and dual ssoys, who had been a total badass when I left, was unable to group tank unless I spent real $$ on krono to buy upgrades which....I wasn't going to do.

The slowness of p99 has and always will be more amenable to casuals than to neckbeards. Think that's a big part of the raid scene toxicity. A static server isn't big enough for 300+ people willing to log on for a quake to kill off every single raid target in <48 hours. So mistakes are made, and people step on toes, and no one forgets That One Time Weeks Ago when The Other Guys screwed em, and so forth and so on.
5 hours a week is super low even for "casual" standards. This is EQ we're talking about. But even in that super low end of the casual spectrum example you're still going to be lvl 50 in like 3-4 months tops. Assuming you aren't an altoholic. You really think you're gonna have fun doing classic content at 50 for 8-9 months?

I think maybe we think we want things that we don't actually want :P