View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PLay whatever you like, just dont tell people TLPs are a positive EQ experience. I played on Ragefire or Lockjaw or one of those two and it was fun....for like 2 months max before there was no reason to log in besides "raiding" instanced bull shit content with my guild to get gear that meant nothing.

Instancing would immediately make P99 population fall to sub 500 within 3 months. I make fun of the "competition" on P99 regularly, but its better than the loot piņata (by a lot)
Gear means nothing whether or not there's instancing, unless you think the lack of instancing lets people show off their gear like special snowflakes that spend too much time playing the game.

Instancing is the best thing to happen to MMORPGs, followed by no corpse runs. Just because classic Everquest did it doesn't make it best. It's in fact the opposite: a lot of what Everquest did taught future MMORPG developers what not to do.