View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 12:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course the pseudo-elitist purists hate on instancing because they are the lifeless shut-ins that play EQ like 12 hours a day for the real classic feel, but the normal, well-adjusted adults that want to experience old nostalgia love the TLP teddy-bear instancing because it allows you to experience it quickly and then move onto something else. I play EQ for a handful of weeks, mostly fucking around on alts in CB or MM, then after about a year or two and think "man EQ used to be fun" and do it again. What adult has that kind of free time to put into a video game? Classic EQ was soul crushingly demanding of your time. Normal people can't invest like that as adults.
I don't fit in the hardcore crowd but there is a time and a place for instancing. I like it in modern MMO's but it's also nice to have that nostalgic competition for zones. I have tried many times to get back into Live EQ servers and it never lasts long. I would much rather playing on P99.