View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, lots to unpack there. But in short:

1) Wizards do have it rough ... but even so they can earn plat just as any class can

2) with enough plat, all non-/list items are solvable

3) none of that has anything to do with raiding (well, except that high-end raiding can help you make that plat), but really if Wizards have anything going for them it's raiding: their DPS is at its best for raid mobs, and you can't even get to certain raid zones without them.

My advice: have fun and stop worrying. Go try doing the JBoots camp: I got mine in like 4 hours on New Year's Day. Sure it all depends on the whims of RNG Jesus, but if you can play for at least that long at a time, give the camp a shot. Even if you sit for a few hours and have to quit, you'll get a sense of how doable it is or isn't.

Plus, while most people just sit in the Drelzna room, you can totally do the jail or the crystal room while you wait on the list. Both should give XP at your level and are within /list range, so even if you don't get the boots, your time won't be a waste. Also, those mages in the crystal room can give you a full suit of Damask Armor, which isn't terrible for Int casters.

And if you really can only play for a max of 2 hours, you're still not screwed. Start farming plat now, and someday you'll buy your AC ring MQ ... or whatever else you want. Just view everything as a marathon to someday get what you want, and not a mad sprint you have to make: that's only for the Guise and Manastone people.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-13-2020 at 04:48 PM..