View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiingpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what kind of idiot thinks wizard is gimped? its the best dps in everquest for raid mobs
There's a running debate between which is the worst class in this era of EQ: Ranger or Wizard. Without entering into that debate, suffice it to say that in this era those two are the very worst classes overall.

I'll let others explain the fine details, but the point is, OP has a legitimate basis for feeling his class is weaker than others: it objectively is. But at the same time, even the "weakest" class can absolutely be a valued and contributing member of a group or raid, and again with Wizards most of their weakness is in groups and other non-raid settings: raiding is more their strength.

P.S. I think that, because of resist issues, Wizards have some raiding problems in Velious? I'm not a Wizard player so I don't know the details: I just know that the community consensus, backed up with some very long "point by point" posts, shows that Rangers/Wizards are weak. Ultimately some classes are always weak in every era of EQ (balancing all those classes is really hard), and if we ever made it to Luclin Wizards would be on fire ... but we'll never make it that far, which just happens to be unfortunate for them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-13-2020 at 05:38 PM..