View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since the server/zone/whatever can't handle 200+ people in a zone....if we could find a way to setup instances for the events of about 50 or so players per....how many of you would want to stake and crucify me for mentioning it? And by it I mean instancing.
While instancing isn't classic I think GM events is 1 place where it could be a good idea if used correctly. It's better to have instanced events than none at all due to zone crashing.

Maybe during the event have instanced versions of the zones used in the events and have the zone lines automatically zone people into the instances based on their level. So in future have multi-zone events that separates people and make them fight mobs within their level range. For level 50s you may need more versions of that same zone due to numbers.

Since you already created the script for this event it would probably be too much work to change it to fit this idea and a normal splitting up could be used. Maybe use portals so guilds can be sure to enter the same zone.