View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh nevermind. I only read it here and am not an avid iksar player. Will trust ya on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. The whole they even gave the Iksar an AC bonus was compensate for the fact that in Kunark they couldn't wear plate armor. This wasn't continued with later expansion, but they left the Bonus for some reason. However, it was only put to help Iksar character reach with AC cap with Weaker gear, not give them an unfair bonus over other races. The AC will still be there, but If an Iksar is at the Cap it will be reduced by the Softcap returns. It still helps I assume, but not as good as shield AC. Also, I have no idea what the Actual AC soft cap is here. I suppose you could try to ascertain it by calculation the reduction in damage you get at every ac amount vs mob attack power, but then you would have to know the mob's attack power to begin with. Never of these things are published by P99's developer. The only thing I know for sure is that with AC more is better and then if AC doesn't seem to be working well, like on very high level raid targets, then HP is better.