Thread: Spells: Flash of Light
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halladar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it changed in a recent update, but it isn't working like live in this respect:

On live say you were in melee with a mob, and flashed it. If you backed off it would run away. If you stayed in melee range it would keep on meleeing.

Here it follows you if you try to back off.

I haven't used it in groups, but it was wonky on live. If you weren't close to a mob, and the mob was fighting a pc, if you flashed it sometimes it would run away and maybe make a train. But only sometimes. My best guess is it had something to do with the aggro list, but that is only a guess.

A lot of people would not use that spell in dungeons.

But here it acts like a fear spell basically. I think it only sticks to you if you are in melee range, but I'd have to play with it to see exactly how it is behaving.

Danth what happens if you flash something and hit it with a ranged attack if it is running?
What you are saying makes perfect sense. Blind and fear are essentially the same thing except that blind happens when the mob is not within melee range of something on its agro list. Once it's in range it doesn't matter who has how much agro, it sticks to the closest enemy.

If Flash of Light is cast on a mob and it follows you when you run away from it then one fo two things are happening.

A. The blind portion of the spell is broken.... or

B. You actually aren't moving out of melee range, or at least not quickly enough.

So it's easy to discern the difference. If you are obviously out of melee range then the mob isn't actually being blinded.

-----------------------------------------------

As a side not, I could be confused with another game but aren't there certain spells where part of the spell effect would stick and others would not? (Like for example Enchanter nuke on a giant deals damage but doesn't stun.)

In this case the mob could have resisted the blind effect and only the debuff portion landed... or something like that.

Anyway, these are all possible things to consider and any combination of the above could be happening with the Flash of Light spell.