View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

If you have any trouble with the wheels native ability to control your mouse and keyboard/everquest character, try Joy2key

I honestly think this is going to play out very well. With auto strafe/run and the ability to so smoothly adjust the mouse position with a steering wheel, by jove I sure do think it'll work!

I used joy2key to use a Xbox controller to play a rogue once and boy let me tell you rogues, do this. You really can get 80-90% of your abilities onto the keys and just xp or raid your day away leaning back maxin and relaxin.

I came up with a pretty nice system to simulate 3rd person console game style camera with the mouse wheeled out locked 3rd person cam. I set joy2key so that the RMB would be pressed while I was not holding the Left Trigger, and when I would hold the Left Trigger, joy2key would let go of the RMB. This made it so if I wanted to use the courser I would hold down left trigger, but if I let go of the left trigger the curser would disappear and mouse control would now rotate the camera. The right analog stick would control the mouse position, and with the RMB pressed down by default, that would pretty much give you a great 3rd person camera that felt like a console game camera and control, in case anyone wanted to try.