View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you referring to the candy-cane striping that I used to see over a lot of the wolves? That used to crack me up.

Also, thank you Danyelle for all the hard work; I've since stopped using actual luclin models (Even though I prefer my elves to look like elves and not polyhedral beings from another dimension), I've since foudn that the armor models in classic were actually quite nice.

For example, my main is a high elf cleric, he has Chain chest, plate wrists and helm, and leather arms/legs-- With the luclin models on this looks just plain ridiculous.. it just clashes. But with the old school models it's actually got quite a good look to it.

Another example is the dark elf plate helmet graphic. Classic graphics give almost all dark elf plate helmets the look of the top half of a horned skull-- whereas luclin models give it that obscenely silly decorated/frilly look.

But I took advantage of your work for quite some time, and it's much appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The wolf issue, if it's what i think, is with the Luclin and Classic wolves mapping textures over each other. idk Why. Zaela, who made the program that splits the model files, didn't run into the issue. Idk what I can do but I can look into it.

I once considered mapping Classic/Velious armor textures onto Luclin models in "Texture Pack DLCs" but that'd be an immense amount of work and quite a bit of Photoshopping so I never undertook it. I may in the future, I may not. We'll see :P