View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 10:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool that the structure is there. To be clear, i'm not involved in any development on p99, just have a passion for bug reporting and research.
That was how I started. Don't be afraid to give it a shot, DB work is really straightforward with the right tools, and mostly research/QA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I meant by a script, was not hard code 3 specific spawn points (for example) to instant respawn if dead, but randomize the spawn points every X hours or cycles. If neckbeards track specific spawn points to instant respawns, it will eventually be exploited. But if it was dynamic the chances would go down significantly.
That's basically what a spawngroup is. The entity and the location are random. It's the same concept as a single spawn point, just with pre-defined clusters that spawn around a point and wander out from the center, and instantly respawn once the last from the spawngroup is dead. But here all of the spawns are singular and just approximated as random spawns from a single placeholder. It was "good enough" to not justify the extra work, but the high competition in old zones might give a reason to revisit the mechanic.