View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Kobold

You don't sound like a min/maxer, long term, you'll be fine.

The hardest part about playing an Iksar warrior is the 45-51 levels. You'll be outclassed on hitpoints by players receiving their planar gear, and your options for gear pre-Velious will be virtually limited to Sebilite Scale or Kylong armor sets, both of which tend to drop above your reasonable grouping range.

If I were you, I'd play your warrior to 13 or do to get a feel for the class. Before the doom and gloom questions start to creep into your thinking.

Regarding your stamina comment, warriors have a 5:1 hp/sta gain at higher levels, which scales as you level. For reference, I'm sitting on 2.2k hitpoints unbuffed at 54, so that 125 hitpoints is a 5% loss with equal levels and gear. Raid buffed, it's even lower than that.

In terms of practicality, strength and dexterity are not terrible stats to increase on an iksar warrior. We're a unique race/class combination, and with warrior aggro being heavily reliant on procs, adding points to dexterity could benefit you.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in-game on Skullmonkey. I still have a couple of pieces of Trooper Scale in the bank, and would be more than happy to give you a hand getting on your feet here.