View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Another trick that's not exclusive to HS and some people probably know but I've never seen mentioned - If you aren't using keys and only need to get 1 other person in with you you can use Boon + Zomm to get them through doors for most races. With the 3 minute recast on Boon it's not practical to do it for several people at once or for someone that can't pull off the trick in 1 or 2 tries for whatever reason.

Most races, from trolls to half elfs, can also double shrink, get wedged in door, camp to cancel shrink, log back in and use Zomm to get in. Sounds like a hassle but much easier than getting summoned through doors. Bard shrink + zomm is even better because you don't have to camp to cancel it.

Not sure about getting naturally small races like gnomes through but I wouldn't be surprised if using the Boon trick in reverse worked for them, that one I've never personally done. A locked door in Befallen is a good place to find out if it works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When you want a change of pace, try hs east. The back room is harder to get into than south but if you're just killing one PH per cycle, the fight is as safe in east and with less competition. I'm sure I detail getting in and the camp in the video I did of it. It might be part of a DS video.
Second this. A lot of the East loot is generally harder to sell but the camp is as good as it gets in HS once you're in there. Hopefully before the Chardok patch my bug report on GoK will be addressed and you'll be able to mez Undertaker Lord without Rapture once it's patched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooh, sneaky. I'd never thought of this.

Then again, you need to get the keys to the chanter when needed. And I often needed to corpse lore items when I had keys on me too so it was happening anyway.
It only takes a minute to drop transfer a key and it's pretty low risk since I don't think most people would steal a key if they came across it in the few seconds it was on the ground. If you want to keep keys for months and only rarely need to use a key for CR's the mule is the way to go imo.

Drop transferring items other than keys is definitely a gamble but I never had any problems with it. Even if you get a random person in OT to do a transfer it would be faster than killing yourself + rebuff + medding.