View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding was that the dragon root mechanics were used as a way to move away from the zone in pulls which frequently caused petitions and also as a way to make guilds prioritize targets- since the time taken would increase, which in theory would allow the possibility of another guild a opportunity to work toward a target if it was up.

The first earthquake after the change when there were more guilds in ToV than now and the change in theory allowed those smaller guilds to work toward a target while those bigger guilds were working toward a target.

Now, however the mechanics benefit a zerg or more players. More players allow you to leapfrog, set up quicker and ultimately get targets more easily at varied times.

If you were to end the root and go back to old mechanics the problem is the raid scene still greatly benefits those bigger guilds. When you have 5+ members going for the FTE in a large guild vs 1 or 2 FTE'ers of a small guild, it still benefits the large guild.

Anyway you cut it, the end raid scene benefits larger guilds. Not saying that's wrong or unfair, it's just what it is.

The question I think to satisfy all parties is how to have a healthy playing environment, competition and opportunities for different playing styles/schedules an enjoyable experience.

Could be wrong. I don't pretend to know the answer to this riddle of where we are at. However it seems the majority of the server are unhappy with what has become. Some do not mind the zerg others find it a unenjoyable experience. Granted if you are getting the majority of the targets of course you would be happy compared to not getting targets