View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20020106...c_overview.htm

01:31:39 Jan 06, 2002

Quote:
Body of the Lute

Get a large red dragon scale from Nagafen, Talendor, Zordacilus, or Nortlav the Scalekeeper.

Get a large white dragon scale from Vox, Gorenaire, or Nortlav the Scalekeeper.

Get 2 metal bits

Turn these 4 items in for the Body of the Lute.
https://web.archive.org/web/20010702....shtml?id=6364

15:27:52 Jul 02, 2001

Quote:
Nortlav the Scalekeeper
Monster
Picture of Nortlav the Scalekeeper
Minimum Level: 55 Maximum Level:55
Known Loot:
Green Dragon Scale
Red Dragon Scale
Rusted Throneblade
White Dragon Scale
Known Habitats:
The Hole
Quote:
Green scale By: Anonymous
Posted @ Thu, Jun 28th 9:23 PM Score: Good[4.00]
This is the new holder of the green scale, so now this makes him the most wanted mob for warriors in norrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
white scales By: Anonymous
Posted @ Fri, Jun 1st 6:33 PM Score: Default[2.00]
no one has answerd the question, has any1 ever seen him drop any other scale than the red one ?
im really interset in finding out, as a bard in a regular guild, capable og killing VS but not that big white dragon in dreadlands and not enough below lvl 52 to kill vox ?
klariace the bard
xev
Quote:
a thought By: Thyrome,
1 posts
Posted @ Mon, May 14th 7:55 AM Score: Decent[2.50]
as the gnome says he slayed many dragons with this sword, does it have a hidden goodie. like if u hit a Daragon with it, it does way more dmg ?

did anyone ever get a white dragon scale of him ?

Thyrome Woot,
Top 52 Jukebox,
"Nexxus of Faith"-guildleader,
playing on Torvo
Quote:
White Scale: just a rumor? By: Lejax,
5 posts
Posted @ Fri, May 4th 5:55 PM Score: Decent[3.00]
I keep seeing on different EQ sites that this guy drops White Dragon Scales, but upon further reading I've never heard anyone say that they _personally_ have seen him drop a white scale. It's all been wishful thinking as far as I can tell.

So has anyone here actually GOTTEN a white scale from Nortlav?

--
Lejax Tearswimmer
Bard of Tunare
The Claw of Nagafen, Bristlebane
https://web.archive.org/web/20011225...html?item=5856

07:45:45 Dec 25, 2001

Quote:
New scale drop Reply... By: Vinni,
2 posts
Posted @ Fri, Jun 29th 5:37 PM 2001 Score: Default[1.66]
In the recent patch msg there is a new green dragon scale drop....killed nortlav and he doesnt have the green scale (unless its rare)....rumor has it that it may drop from swirlspine guardians in kedge....maybe as a rare drop...its not confirmed though....there is a post on eqvault saying one was found on CT server. Anyone have confirmation yet?

Vinni Fatalblow
Lvl 60 Warlord
Skyre Draneth
Brell server
Quote:
New scale drops off of... Reply... By: Brothar,
1 posts
Posted @ Sun, Aug 12th 11:59 PM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
Hoshkar in Veeshan's Peak. Don't really think this is a fix for the bottle neck in the warrior epic though.

Brothar McFatty
60 Troll Myrmidon
Cazic-Thule

Brothar McFatty
Quote:
No green scale... Reply... By: Anonymous
Posted @ Tue, Jun 19th 6:12 AM 2001 Score: Excellent[5.00]
Nortlav does NOT drop green scales. He drops a red scale and a Rusted Throneblade every time.

Need to delete this entry so ppl don't get their hopes up.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010523...how&BID=410560

Quote:
Submited by: VladimyrTZ On: 4/12/2001 11:58:01 PM Rank: worst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 best
He is 54, and is a Like VS. He melee's for 250, but taps for 1600. Drops red scale and is rumored to drop white too, but so far no one has gotten one.(and posted about it)

VS tactic works, rune rune rune, he has tons of hitpoints, more then VS.

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eq-archi...tml/25839.html

Quote:
<b>Date:</b> Thu Feb 14 20:08:07 GMT 2002 <br/>
<b>Author:</b> Daniel Sniderman <br/>
<b>Subject:</b> RE: [eqbards] Scales from other places.... (was RE: twisting 5, added note) <br/>
<br/><br/>
<div id="ygrps-yiv-1669308540">There's a Ranger website somewhere that claims Nortlav dropped a white<br/>
scale.
This causes this rumor to be resurrected from time to time - which<br/>
is frustrated - Nortlav dropping a white (or green scale) is an &quot;urban<br/>
myth
&quot;.<br/>
<br/>
Nortlav IS supposed to be a quest mob - but the quest has never worked.<br/>
Someone posted on The Concert Hall board that a GM verified it was broken.
<br/>
They thought they fixed it once - but they didn't.<br/>
<br/>
There was a rumor that on test a Named Golem in Chardok dropped a White<br/>
Scale
- but this was also never confirmed either.<br/>
<br/>
Slyde<br/>
Quote:
From: John Grady [mailto:<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:john_grady@...">john_grady@...</a>]<br/>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 1:57 PM<br/>
To: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:eqbards@yahoogroups.com">eqbards@yaho ogroups.com</a><br/>
Subject: Re: [eqbards] Scales from other places.... (was RE: twisting 5,<br/>
added note)<br/>
<br/>
Nortlav the Scalekeeper or some such has been rumored to drop green and<br/>
white scales forever.<br/>
General consensus is that this is false. He only drops Red scales from<br/>
everything I've heard.
<br/>
<br/>
Unfortunately, this is the easiest one to get by far. If you help any<br/>
clerics on their epics<br/>
should be able to get a Red scale from Naggy or Rage. The White is the one<br/>
that is ridiculously<br/>
hard.<br/>
<br/>
Tzeetch<br/>

https://github.com/dbsanfte/eq-archi...tml/24444.html

Quote:
<b>Date:</b> Tue Apr 10 15:51:05 BST 2001 <br/>
<b>Author:</b> blitz_krieg@bigfoot.com <br/>
<b>Subject:</b> Re: SSS tips <br/>
<br/><br/>
<div id="ygrps-yiv-2142562839"><blockquote><span title="ireply">&gt; Has it been confirmed that he drops both white and red dragonscales?<br/>
<br/>
</span></blockquote>Red Scales are the only thing that's been &quot;confirmed&quot;. There's <br/>
rumors floating around saying a white scale is the rare drop, but <br/>
those always include reference to some un-named friend of a relatives <br/>
vet who talked to a guy that was in The Hole when another group <br/>
killed Nortlav.<br/>

https://web.archive.org/web/20020215.../nikki0102.htm

Quote:
2001/4/26 Revival of the diary!

Now it's time for some fun loot. Pakatto... Red Dragon Scale and the mysterious 2HS . Is the status about 24/54? It's a pretty garbage sword...is this all it is? Even though he's pretty strong... Caster is far more happy with Yael.
teeth! I see... this is that... it's meant to raise Yael's sense of values! After the mackerel is up, it's not just because Yael is the only one... but because I feel lucky to have Yael 
... However, it was a little disappointing that the one that came out that day was Red, and if BRD's Jaco could get White, it would probably reach Epic Comp.
Guild PH's erotic or brain staff , no... According to the undead leader Mr. Lisel, if you give the 2HS sword to LFay or some other NPC, you might get a White or Green Scale. Hmmm... I told Jaco about this, and it seems that Jaco immediately executed the quest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ML/006783.html

Quote:
Dalur - Veeshan
Administrator

posted 07-25-2001 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dalur - Veeshan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1 - What's his spawn time like... are we talking minutes, hours, days, rare, triggered?
A) Unknown - I heard like 2 or 3 days RL - maybe more

2 - I've checked Ally's too, and it seems that this guy only drops red scales... is that true? Or is the Red just far more common? It won't really matter to us... this is the sort of thing we're looking to do for the first time (oh yes, and that means we may fail miserably, but our enchanter likes to die, so we need some failures)... just cause.

A) I heard he CAN drop any of the 3 scale colors, but red seems to be the most common - with white being the most super rare.

3 - Most important to me right now I guess... does he have an AE spell? Or does he dispell?

A) No AE spells, no dispells.

4 - Can he be slowed? It looks like he is level 53-55, so can an appropriate level enc/shm land any slows on him? It appears he hits for 300ish ... that's actually less than the BBQ boy for our epic... is he of comparable difficualty, harder, or easier?

A) I think our 60 shaman was able to cast both slow and Malo on it. I think he has more HP than BBQ boy, but doesn't hit as hard but he does have that lifetap/proc damage.

5 - Does he cast much else in the way of spells, in any? Other than the 1500dmg lifetap or DD.

A) I didn't see him doing any spells other than the lifetap/proc dd or whatever it was.

------------------
Dalur Stouthealer
60th Dwarven High Priest
Veeshan Server
Quote:
Gniss Fleshmender

posted 07-25-2001 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gniss Fleshmender Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
In all the times he has been killed on every server since he was put in, he has NEVER dropped a non-red scale. and the EASIEST way to reach him is a dwarven cleric who has never fought in the hole, and one spell, DA.
It has to be a Brell cleric, otherwise the wandering elementals will be aggro, and they WILL chain aggro to yael, resulting in a DT. everyone else drops down to die, dwarf pulls corpses up to a room, resses everyone between wandering mobs, the raiders kill hole mobs while resser watches and plays safty net.

------------------
The patchwork cleric
Domus Divinae
Prexus
Quote:
Jubal

posted 08-08-2001 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jubal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
If you're not totally crazy the best way to get to him is to go into the city and look for the drop-off into the water, invis and take the plunge, then head off to the left and drag the rock golem into the hall with you out of aggro range of Yael. We like to run the whole route because we go down there primarily for ranger/shaman epics, and because it's fun. Just make sure you have a plan for dealing with 4 golems at once.
Fight him with a main tank getting about 15 sec of good aggro before other melees jump in. Heal the heck out of the tank - he doesn't aggro healers too much. I wouldn't count on slowing him, as his MR is very high; I wouldn't try to stun him either, as you'll more likely than not be resisted and you don't want to get aggroed by this guy. I don't know how effective runing is other than to say the only time we had an enchanter live through this fight she was OOM and couldn't rune I do believe the proc is a lifetap though so I would go the overwhelm-with-damage-output route.

He only drops red scales. The others are merely hopeful rumors and have no basis in fact.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-11-2022 at 09:16 PM..