View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when using 2x Blood Points, i have to be careful in order to not steal agro off our guild's 60 Epic warrior. i've been WTFing about it for awhile. epic proc being bugged would make sense to me.
This goes back to what the original community thought. 14+11 = 25/24; the blood points are 10+11 = 21/21. So from a melee hate perspective they are very close. And then you only get 2PPM because you have no proc in the offhand. So if you get some lucky rolls with DA/DW and a few lifetap procs and the epic warrior is a bit unlucky, you'll pull aggro. Over the long term the blood points can't compare though; my sperglord spreadsheet suggests 64 vs 49 hate/sec.

At least to me, the takeaway for this thread is that currently and after any potential changes the Blade of Strategy is still the best weapon for the primary slot overall. The aggro is about the same as VP/BOTBDE and clearly better than the Sarnak Warhammer or Ringed Mace (which isn't all that fast itself). Plus you get 120 hitpoints, 5/all resists, and 10 strength; unless you are an ogre and went full sta, you can probably find a way to shuffle your gear to get all of those hitpoints. What sucks is the Blade of Tactics. This is kinda rough for warriors because it means not only do you need the epic but you need a VP offhand as well. But it does make me feel that my nearly 1M contribution to the TMO guildbank was reasonably well spent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-27-2013 at 11:08 AM..