Mana: 360 Skill: Alteration
Casting Time: 3.2 Recast Time: 1.5
Fizzle Time: 1.5 Resist: Disease
Resist Adjust: -150 Range: 200
Deletable: No Reflectable: Yes
Focusable: Yes Dispellable: Yes
Interruptable: Yes Target Type: Lifetap
Spell Type: Detrimental Source: Live 01/29
Other cast: Soandso 's hands take on a sickly green aura.
Cast on you: Your body withers from the gangrenous touch of Zum`uul.
Cast on other: Soandso 's body withers from the gangrenous touch of Zum`uul.
Game Description
Touches your target with the hand of the plague, draining your target of life energy, siphoning between 720 and @1 damage.

How good is this spell? The obvious comparison would be to Deflux. I always have Deflux memmed if I'm soloing. When soloing harder content (summoning and unfearable mobs) it usually involves having pet tank and stepping in from time to time to "deflux-tank" i.e. spamming Deflux GCD-clicky.

Now "Touch" is nearly double the mana of Deflux but it drains (and nukes) for more than twice the amount. This is obviously a pretty good upgrade but is it "game changing" in any way? So for instance, you can use the "deflux tanking" method to solo the A4 halflings but A4 TwentyTwo will rip you to shreds. He hits a bit harder (only 180 up from 155) but he also has a significantly higher amount of HP. Would this spell shift the balance enough to make a mob like TwentyTwo doable? Or not? Are there any other sort of content you can think of where having this spell will be decisive?

People seem to be attempting to charge Torpor-level money for this spell and I'm just trying to work out how badly I should be wanting this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]