View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had the most fun in OoW. Yes, GoD was a dumpster fire, and the only time I spent there (was active through House of Thule) was for AC aug camps as necessary for my SK. But OoW was super fun. Epic 1.5/2.0 was a much-needed addition to the game after Velious rendered some epics obsolete, the Anguish armor was very impressive and the chests had unique clickies, and the other gear still felt unique.

Wall of Slaughter, the 65-70 exp zone of choice, was a zone that kicked you in the teeth when you came in unprepared. Even Dranik's Scar, the 55+ entry zone for the expansion, was very hard for the new players coming in. The series of trials in Muramite Proving Grounds that permanently increased your character's resistance caps was a unique addition, and the Pyrilens especially looked awesome.

Then there's Anguish. I can't deny the awesomeness that was Plane of Time (I ran through the script a few times in Imperium Server and agree it was about as epic as it comes), but Anguish just felt more fun to me. Especially because people would walk away from there with orbs for their 2.0's. The boss gimmicks were very fun, including having to collect the masks throughout the zone to beat OMM's gimmick at the end.
Agreed. I had some of the most fun in EQ during OOW. It was a fantastic expansion with some really fun raid design concepts.

Remember training up Alcohol Tolerance for the Hanvar fight?