View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Wink The Warrens: Part 4

The Warrens, Part IV
Levels 22 and 23
Better known as: Let's Slaughter Some F***ing Doggos.

Whence upon completing your magnificent quest for the advancement of your wisdoms (dat Testament of Vanear), return to the Warrens. Our targets for level 22 are: Foodmaster Rargnar, Smithy Rrarrgin, a kobold pit fighter, Trainer Daxgrr, and a training kobold.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To my dismay, I would zone out to check faction every now and then. The Heretics are playing hard to get.

At this point, we need faction and faction primarily. Foodmaster and Smithy may or may not spawn as Exp-giving mobs, but the pit fighters still will.
22 Will be painfully slow as we are basically farming faction at this point. To avoid going insane, I recommend taking up alternative hobbies you can do while AFK; browsing instagram, knitting, reading a book or even braiding your cat's hair.

Soon enough you should ring in level 22, you glorious bastard.

The day you ding 23 is a sad day, folks. Because although we have dung in another glorious level in our grand adventure, something has changed. Something feels a little empty, and it's our soul.
That is because Foodmaster Rargnar will no longer give any experience whatsoever. That's right; he's now a deep green con, and although we shall continue killing him for faction (I am told he gives +5 faction for Heretics, not +10, which would explain why I am still threatingly to the Paineel guards), our experience bar which for the past level or two has been struggling to move along, will now essentially come to a complete halt.
Smithy Rrarrgin will still give experience, and depending on the spawn, the pit fighters might too. Prince Bragnar and Trainer Daxgrr will still experience as well, but 23 is going to be a loooooong slog. Sit down and prepare thyself.

Upon dunging in level 23, I realized something. I have severaly underestimated the amount of faction per kill I was getting. So much so, that being the lovely tree hugger that I am, even killing doggos from level 8 to 23 has still got me at threatening with Paineel. Combined with the fact that mobs are now dropping off the Experience Radar, which is to say, there is hardly any more experience to be had, I decided to go on a killing spree. At first, I was just damage shielding myself and meleeing SLASH! SLASH! one mobbo doggo at a time.

Engaging in close-quarters combat will show the alpha dog of the pack that you ain't no silly bitch

I quickly found that this was not the most effective method of puppy killing.

We need more.

More dead doggos.

More blood, more tears.

I asked myself, well, what should I be killing?

And the answer was simple.

The Warrens, as I mentioned in my first post, is considered an outdoors zone. When you are ready to make big time faction gains, which will be in your low 20's, load up that Level 5 AoE nuke and collect like 30 pupperinos at a time. You can even include the Foodmaster and Smithy in these pulls - at level 23, I had no problem surviving the pack. Note: if you start the pull at full mana/health, you should end the pull with like 30 percent health and like 0 mana. Remember to keep your damage shield up for the entirety - you will probably need to cast it once as you begin pulling, and once again about halfway through the killing.

A few hours into my rampage, I was greeted by a friendly Troll.

Please do not eat me, guy.

We exchanged dick pics and quickly became BFF's. We both had one common goal: to also be BFF's with the Heretics of Paineel, so we combined forces and laid waste to as many woofers as possible.

If you spend two or three hours doing this, you will get to Amiably with the Paineel guards, which is what you would have required for the next step of this guide. The reason I am using past tense, is because like Curt Kobain, I am going out on top. I am ending this guide indefintely. I know, I'm sad too.
My next step for the guide was to kill Paineel guards for a level or two, make that $$$ and buy some kick ass gear to impress all the ladies, and continue going. After over 1 week of checking the guards morning and night, and finding them essentially perma-camped, I have come to a profound conclusion, which nobody in the history of P99 has ever mentioned before, ever: the server is too populated.
You see, I began playing on Project 1999 wayyyyy back in 2009; over the years, I became disillusioned with the atmosphere, and hung up my J Boots. I made a return when Red99 was announced, and then I dropped that for other games. I haven't played on Blue 99 for several years now.

I love Blue 99, but I am not ecstatic about the population. I still have got the Classic EQ itch, but I am not willing to neckbeard it out with the best of y'all, which is why I am crawling back into the hole from whence I came: Red99.

After all,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shrub is a red troll
Thanks everyone for your input and encouragement. I really enjoyed writing the guide, and I hope it was at least Somewhat Useful to a fledgling druid. Who knows, I may finish it out to level 60 one day if I make a return to blue, but for now, Red is where I will call home. And I would love a visit from any of you fine fellas (or ladies) any day.

Regards,
Shrub the Red Troll.