View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What DeathsSilkyMist is failing to consider (as he often does) is that there exists a world outside his head, and not every fight is the 18-minute WW Dragon fight he imagines.

To your point, it's obviously more nuanced: sometimes you want to kill as quickly as possible, sometimes you want to get the most damage you can for your mana. For the longer fights, Pox is clearly superior (although even so, I still use Bane on long fights ... it's just that when I'm low on mana I stop).

But on the other hand, if you want to kill a mob quickly (say, before it agroes another mob), obviously Bane and nukes are superior. Some fights are even fast enough that Pox won't last the entire fight, which can make it even less efficient than Bane.
I didn't fail to consider fights outside of WW dragons[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I simply have a video to show a quick example, which is more tangible than pure text. I see you have not posted any videos to back up your ideas. I even used Kael 4 way as a different example for when Bane is useful.

Bane is the lesser of the two end game DoT spells. Nobody said it is useless, it is simply the least useful of the expensive spells, which is why you shouldn't prioritize it if you are budgeting money.