View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps it was brought to their attention by someone with more expertise? I assume someone on the faculty?

But let me get this straight... She has her M.A. (probably a policy application degree like mine) and since her point reflects your worldview it needs to be considered? And yet you're so dismissive of actual expertise when it conflicts with your world view.
You completely evaded literally every point I raised. You have a blind faith in "expertise" as if experts can never be wrong, and dunces can never be right. I'm simply saying that it is worth consideration, this is how the scientific method works. Literally einstein wasn't taken seriously at first because he didn't have "expertise" and was a patent clerk. Then after about ten years, he turned out to be completely correct in his assertions.

Their beef with her conclusions was extremely nebulous and vague, they didn't even attempt to explain *how* it is spreading misinformation or why it is dangerous. They just shat out some scary words and called it a day. This is not science, or skepticism, it's partisan allegiance.