View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Bumpity bump bump.

Since advanced lighting has been forced upon us, I too experience HORRIBLE lag with multiple people around. I absolutely understand they want it dark for bad-night-vision people, and agree. (I remember the thrill in Toxx when you could hear stuff near you but not see it till it was almost on you.)

But when there are many people around with light effect gear/equipment, something goes horribly wrong in the rendering, and frame rates drop BADLY.

I am back to having to stare at the wall again at raids. (I understand that is indeed classic, but I can't believe this lag was intended by any developer, then, or now.)

Surly there must be some workaround that can be implemented that will keep it dark at night for the certain visually impaired races without causing terrible frame rate drop.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde