Thread: Game Mechanics: 1 grouping Klandicar
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Thanks for the link
RE: Typical Reply... By: syldane, Scholar
103 posts
Posted @ Tue, May 8th 12:35 PM 2001 Score: Good[3.50]
Yeah, I'm sure you've read by now what the exploit was: spawning the giants so they could train dragons to them, or the giants to the dragons for the purpose of getting cheap dragon kills.

Personally, in the cases of these exploits I think they should put a line of text to the player when they turn in an item, that to use this in a way other than to do the quest is a bannable exploit. You catch someone doing it, they cannot say they didn't know, they are banned or at least suspended for a month. Keep an eye on the area for a while, ban a few people and word would get around not to do it. I'd rather them do it this way than nerf a good quest for the rest of us.

BTW, you might could do this giant with a small group by using snare and run tactics like we've used on the Garadain's Rings quests. You have a group of giants with one named in the middle, snare or root the named one, the rest chase you madly away, leaving the named alone. the rest take him down fairly easily while you entertain the rest. Zone when the named is down, come back to loot. All too easy, unless the named is highly MR.