View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Brand new player

... having this problem as well. I've been struggling with it for a couple days trying to get things stable, but I'm about at the end of my rope. I've read through pages and pages of people having similar problems and finding solutions, but nothing so far has worked reliably. The zoning crashes happen alongside others:

-About half the time when I move past server select I get kicked back to login, with a 1017 to follow. Interestingly, even after the 1017 window, it often lets me log in to character select.
-Often (over half) when trying to enter world I get kicked back to login as well. When this happens, the character appears to login, since I get a 1018 for a few minutes afterwards.
-In the event that I actually am able to make it into the game, I crash when zoning about 50% of the time, maybe a bit more.
-I have yet to have a disconnect from the world that wasn't related to zoning, however.

I'm currently running: MSI z170A Gaming M5 with a Intel Skylake 6700k and an MSI 1070 Gaming X.

Things I've tried:
-I'm running with WinEQ2, running as admin.
-I've tried various compatibility modes with no notable difference. I've tried reinstalling a few times with no luck, both with Duxa's all-in-one and without.
-I've tried various resolution tweaks.
-I've gone with antivirus turned on and off both.
-I've tried at my normal overclocked settings, without any overclocked settings, and currently underclocked under 4.0ghz (since I found a post saying this helped).

No luck at any of the marks.

I've also tried installing and connecting from my laptop, but the above symptoms seem to persist there as well in nearly the same flavor.

As such, I was thinking maybe it's a connection issue? I initially had my PC wired via my router, but cutting the router out for a direct line didn't seem to help either.

When I'm able to connect, my ping hovers around 25ms, and using the command prompt to ping eqemulator.net returns under 15ms. The problems do seem to be worse during peak times, though, so maybe it's still something weird connection wise?

Any thoughts or advice?