View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrquincy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I've been running in Debian Jessie with an NVIDIA GPU for about a year now. the only major hiccup was an empty server list problem, which I resolved by using Zaela's p99-middleman.

I recently purchased a laptop with integrated Intel graphics. Can anyone here confirm that P99 will work with integrated intel graphics? I have 7th generation i5 CPU with Intel HD Graphics 620.
I suspect you'll do great.

I have a laptop from say 2012. Believe it has the Intel 4000 integrated graphics, and doing decent. Busy big zones sometimes lag, but really no huge complaints. Examples are Wakening Lands or massive particle-fest raids I've had to wall stare, but no where else have I ever really felt performance limited.

Using Linux Mint flavor of day. Under the 'Driver Manager' / 'Proprietary drivers' I do turn on the intel-microcode. If i recall, failure to turn that driver on made the game unplayable. Sometimes between version updates that seemed to get toggled back off and I presume that I might be operating with strictly software rendering vs actual hardware support. EQ play with that is like 1 FPS and system temps melting down. Toggle back on and life is good!

Looks like I am Intel core i5-3317U @ 1.7 Ghz. 8 G RAM.

Anything newer I am sure will do just dandy!
YMMV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]