View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Potatus, my warrior is in this exact same situation. Can I get some advice from you? How have you found things? What do you think is best? Thanks
When I'm grouping with characters lower level than I am, or when my weapons are better than the other melees in the group, I put on my Electrum Bladed Wakizashi 7/21 and Polished Steel Dirk 8/23 and hold aggro pretty consistently. I know about those two because I saw Mubbens using them.

When I am grouping with melee classes that are higher level than me, or with melees that have much better weapons, they easily hold aggro over me, even when I use my best-ratio weapons (7/21 and 8/23). However, when I use proc weapons, I can hold aggro, even over melees that hit a lot harder than I do. If they don't proc, I don't get aggro (so we're in the same position as above); if they proc once or especially 2+ times, aggro is just locked the rest of the fight. "Often" is better than "never."

Obsidian Shard + Kicsh Der Pavz has been great. I've tried each one in mainhand and I can't feel the difference. Someone posted that the swing aggro is greater with Shard mainhand and KPD offhand at level 50; problem is, I think the KPD proc is much bigger aggro, which means I want it in mainhand (because, as we know, weapons in mainhand proc twice as often as same weapon in offhand).

I actually feel like if I were to rank the weapons in terms of aggro, just based on how it feels:
1. Kicsh Der Pavz, esp if I have dex buffs - the proc locks aggro super hard
2. Polished Steel Dirk
3. Electrum Bladed Wakizashi (I mainhand it because it has a lower delay)
4. Shard (absolute garbage for swing aggro; proc is only moderately helpful)

At some point, I'll get ahold of a Short Sword of the Ykesha. I'll definitely mainhand that as it will be nearly best ratio (8/24) and best aggro proc. I'll offhand my PSD unless I'm having trouble procing quickly, in which case I'll offhand the Kicsh just for the added aggro proc chance.
Last edited by Videri; 05-04-2020 at 12:20 AM..