View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being neighborly implies an element of choice though, and also I think some self-sacrifice. Like you choose to take the time to rake your elderly neighbor's leaves when you could be leveling your Troll. I think that's an important distinction - if I am being compelled to perform an action through the threat of fines or imprisonment, my resulting actions can't really be characterized as neighborly.

I wear my mask outside not because I think it's effective or because I'm legally mandated, it's because I know my elderly neighbors are terrified and I don't want to scare them - I'm being neighborly because I make that conscious decision every time I go out. It's not their fault they're scared and it's only a little inconvenience.

If the government threatened me with jail for not wearing one, I would grow to resent my neighbors. Eventually I would cough on their doorknobs some dark morning. No one wants that, with the Ring cameras everywhere.
Yeah, I mean we agree on every point then, except, that what we did was jump to threatening you with jail for not wearing a mask.

I promise the only people that are pushing that argument are the ones that are trying to convince you that it's true.

Everyone fined/arrested (except for use of excessive force that is exactly the argument against police use of excessive force that Kyle Rittenhouse is so against) was fined/arrested because they were resisting the law, not because they weren't wearing a mask.

So I think it's fair to say that you cant support cops and be anti masks, anymore than you'd argue you can support cops and BLM.

And for that matter, if you would cough on a doorknob because someone asks you to wear a mask, how can you not understand why people are rioting over BLM anyway? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]