View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I mean we agree on every point then, except, that what we did was jump to threatening you with jail for not wearing a mask.

I promise the only people that are pushing that argument are the ones that are trying to convince you that it's true.
On this you are thoroughly mistaken. I've been threatened with arrest for refusing to wear a mask several times, now. I will not wear one under any circumstances--Uncle Sam can go stuff himself. So far the police who've been called on me have stopped with threats because most of them don't particularly want to be the mask police. Most of them think it's BS too (and in most cases, amusingly enough, aren't wearing 'em themselves). That'll change as soon as the wrong cop (or one having a bad day) happens to be called out. I expect I might spend a night or two in the clink before this is over with. It is a citizen's duty to resist tyranny. Silently "protesting" from the comfort of your own home, risk-free, is not enough, and won't accomplish anything. On this, at least, BLM has the right idea: If you want change, you have to be willing to go out there and put your butt on the line.

Agree with my actions or not, but the threats of arrest are very much real.

Danth