View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 10:44 PM
Orc

Well, thank you for answering my question. However, I didn't understand it. Part of my playing this game is the desire to re-experience the game as it was 20 years ago, and that means pre-voice chat. I have no desire to wear a headset for hours on end, and I usually have the TV or stereo on while I play, or other people in the room with me that don't want to experience it with me. Therefore, I don't want to be on discord while I play. I can still type, and I bothered to learn English well enough to use grammar, vocabulary and punctuation correctly and communicate effectively in the game, like I always did on Live. That's why I asked why you need me to be on discord. You can get to know me perfectly well by chatting with me either here on the forum or in the game, in written form.
Next, I have not heard the term griever before. I don't think I am one, but I can't promise you that since I don't know what one is. I can't be reassured that you are not one either actually. Could you kindly define the word to give me an idea?
I can tell you since 1999 I have never been accused of being destructive to a guild or to its reputation. I read your request for members, hadn't played on Red, and wrote to you. I was hoping it was going to be a fun experience with some PvP, allow me to meet some new players, etc... I still would happily join you if it is that way. If I am violating some code of behavior during gameplay you can certainly kick me out, but that has never happened before and I doubt you would be the first. If you were behaving badly as a guild leader I would remove myself for the same reason. Just as you have expectations of your members, they have expectations of you. So when you write that you just want to make sure you support the right players, and that you do go after the players that break the rules and the players that grieve other players and have earned your attention, it sounds like it could be a lot of fun. But it also sounds like you could have a vendetta against certain other players and you're trying to recruit a team to enact your revenge on them. If you are going to start a guild you should start by describing what you will be doing to serve your members, not what you expect your members to be doing for you. Now of course I don't know you, and I could have a very distorted perspective on this, and I am willing to discuss it with you. But it is also possible you are already growing impatient with me and do not want me in your guild. Kindly let me know either way. In either case I wish you all the best in your new guild endeavor.