View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.
I considered a human Bertoxx enchanter at one point. Being a brainwasher for the cult, luring people down into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed, etc etc. Seems like a really flavorful idea for a character.

Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).

As far as getting spells goes, I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Order of Three so they actually can buy spells. But if not, it'd be pretty RP appropriate to manipulate players in the game to buy them for you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]