View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well now I gotta level up just to try stuff like this and this NG camp Tox mentioned.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO this is sort of the "hierarchy" of the popular solo enc camps:

NG (seb) / Frenzy (velk): super easy, straightforward, can get as much buffer XP as you want if you're at the controls or can hold camp by killing 1-3 mobs. Recommended for poorly geared / new-to-solo enchanters looking to get the basics down.

ABC / Disco (Brogg): these are good options for when NG and Crypt are camped and you don't want to abandon the zone...just a bit more risk due to being deeper in, but thats what rogues are for.

HS South: its too bad the value of the drops have decreased a bit. This camp is pretty high risk for newcomers unless you have a pocket necro / SK friend for that dreaded CR. I still recommend any aspiring enc to do this at least once...at least get to the safe spot and successfully kill some nameds if nothing else but to simply check them off the solo artist list. Pet track to check other nameds...they may not be too far away to clear to.

Broodmother (if factioned): a little harder hitting but otherwise easily doable Velks camp. Being factioned makes CRs non issue. You'd think after the thousands of staves that have dropped the value would have tanked...yet here we are paying 12-18k for them still.

Crypt (seb): learn how to use stalking probes / gnome to get in. A lot of people have cleric bots parked in the safe spot and/or rogues that can go get your corpse (tip them well).

A4: best camp to learn / get used to high MR mobs, but if you watch a guide video it really takes all the guesswork out of learning it yourself. Loot can be streaky but its bonerjamz when them thrones rain down. Excellent camp if you want to do RL stuff in between clears. Take your XP death like a man on this one.

Fellspine / Drusella: if you're going for this you probably don't need any more guidance. Also if you're willing to camp Drusella longer than the next guy...its probably time to walk away from EQ for a bit.

Everything above Fellspine (Emperor Cho, Khelkar, etc) is pretty much upper solo artist challenge. Sure, they can be done...but aren't usually considered popular farm camps due to extremely high risk of death...unless you're Prismatica farming Drums like a boss.

I'm sure I missed some good ones but I'm lazy. Also didn't include Cliff Golems because I find that shit infuriating. Knock yourself out though, its zero risk.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-10-2023 at 02:24 PM..