View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's 8 because that is the difference between Ogre Regen and Troll Regen (12-4). You don't count the full 12 because Ogres regenerate too.

The math agrees with me[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The regen is too slow to save you mid fight, and the total HP saved isn't enough to increase my kills per hour. What else do you think Regeneration is doing? If you are camping Cliff Golems, for example, you will be at 100% HP and Mana as both a Troll and an Ogre by the time the respawn timer hits. There is no difference between a 3 minute recovery time and a 3 minute 30 second recovery time when it takes 6 minutes to respawn. You will get the exact same number of kills per hour as an Ogre or a Troll.
I think you underestimate the concept of an APM bucket. Every human has one. There’s only so many actions we can take before we start getting lazy. If a troll/iksar shaman decides they want to sit and not canni the regen advantage goes up to 11. That is no joke. And depending on situation that could be perfectly acceptable. I’ve worn a fungi on so many chars that getting an extra chloro buff of 10hp/tick is a night and day difference. I don’t even notice when fungi is on but I notice when I have chloro. In a game of inches, which is what this is, having to cast less torpor’s per hour(and subsequently having to cast more canni to offset that) should not be taken lightly.

I would agree that FSI is the best trait for a soloing torpor shaman. But to have a constant 8-11 extra hp/tick at level 60 is still a big deal.

At the end of the day it’s ~chloroplast/clicky snare(even if shitty it’s enough to make up inches) vs a ~33% chance to not get stunned. This is precisely why nobody will ever agree on the best shaman race.