View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you underestimate the concept of an APM bucket. Every human has one. There’s only so many actions we can take before we start getting lazy. If a troll/iksar shaman decides they want to sit and not canni the regen advantage goes up to 11. That is no joke. And depending on situation that could be perfectly acceptable. I’ve worn a fungi on so many chars that getting an extra chloro buff of 10hp/tick is a night and day difference. I don’t even notice when fungi is on but I notice when I have chloro. In a game of inches, which is what this is, having to cast less torpor’s per hour(and subsequently having to cast more canni to offset that) should not be taken lightly.

I would agree that FSI is the best trait for a soloing torpor shaman. But to have a constant 8-11 extra hp/tick at level 60 is still a big deal.

At the end of the day it’s ~chloroplast/clicky snare(even if shitty it’s enough to make up inches) vs a ~33% chance to not get stunned. This is precisely why nobody will ever agree on the best shaman race.
I 100% agree if you want a specific racial because you want to play a specific way, that is fine. There is nothing wrong with a Torpor Shaman being lazy and AFK recovering.

All I am trying to say is min/max doesn't take individual things like APM into account. Min/max is objective, and assumes you are playing optimally. This means you are always canni/torporing when not at full HP/MP. If you can't do that due to disabilities, or are lazy, that doesn't change the objective facts. It simply changes which racial is better for your specific case.

I prefer people have the objective facts. Then they can use those facts to make the best decision for them personally. It's better than everybody bringing 100s of slightly different subjective opinions, because you can never get to the truth that way. This is a video game, built on math and rules. There is an objectively best way to play, and people should know what it is. Then they can choose whether or not they want to play that way.