View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I 100% agree if you want a specific racial because you want to play a specific way, that is fine. There is nothing wrong with a Torpor Shaman being lazy and AFK recovering.

All I am trying to say is min/max doesn't take individual things like APM into account. Min/max is objective, and assumes you are playing optimally. This means you are always canni/torporing when not at full HP/MP. If you can't do that due to disabilities, or are lazy, that doesn't change the objective facts. It simply changes which racial is better for your specific case.

I prefer people have the objective facts. Then they can use those facts to make the best decision for them personally. It's better than everybody bringing 100s of slightly different subjective opinions, because you can never get to the truth that way. This is a video game, built on math and rules. There is an objectively best way to play, and people should know what it is. Then they can choose whether or not they want to play that way.
Unfortunately there’s no data to say that FSI will save you over the 80-160 extra regen hp in a 1-2 minute long pre slow situation. Especially given the fact that the best solo artist shaman was a barbarian. This is why people tend to favor regen over FSi. It’s something hard and measurable. We know it will give you more hp. We don’t know if FSI will ever actually do anything. And I don’t think there’s a documented case of it ever saving someone’s life. If it’s not saving someone’s life, it’s more of an annoyance if anything.