View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

If you're tanking a wall of at level mobs, you're dead.

If you're tanking a wall of green mobs, if they're beyond a certain range their bash not only rarely hits, it also doesn't stun.

You guys would know this if you played any race other than ogre, or did your homework on the actual game mechanics.

In short - you can chalk this to another demonstrably false situational statement that ogre players love to regurgitate in an effort to supply a never ending stream of copium for inhalation so that they can tolerate looking at their character thinking sacrificing 90% of their play quality for 5% of a margin is a good trade.
I am not sure what you are talking about here. I play Ogres and non-Ogres. You don't need to tank multiple mobs for FSI to be good. It's really simple:

https://youtu.be/igpbLuNe0ls?t=440

If you look at the video, I get bashed at the end of casting Turgur's Insects. My cast GOES THOUGH.

https://youtu.be/uEgFcImQ9XU?t=18

To get an idea of the DPS of an unslowed WW Dragon, I take a total of 993 damage during those two slow attempts. Average damage per second was 138. This means if I got interrupted on the first (Bravatar) video, I would have taken hundreds of damage trying to recast slow again.

So FSI saved me hundreds of HP in this specific case, more than Troll Regen would have given me during the pre-slow phase. Once the mob is slowed Troll Regen is irrelevant, as it is too slow to save you 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time both FSI and Regen has a small chance to save you, depending on luck.

WW Dragons take an average of 15-20 minutes to setup, pull, and kill. That means you are killing 3-4 Dragons per hour. Troll Regen will save you 4800 HP per hour, which is saving you 1.5-2 minutes worth of Torpor. That isn't enough to get more kills per hour unless you are playing for 10+ hours.

This is why FSI is better with Torpor, and Regen is better before Torpor. It's really simple math. Level 60 Torpor Shamans aren't generally clearing hordes of greens/blues, because their spell kit is better suited for going after high power single targets. You generally make more money too.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-03-2023 at 10:12 AM..